The CIMA Board of DIrectors has recently been made aware of some questionable emails targeting some members of our CIMA community. In these emails, our organization and our practices are depicted very negatively. We want to convey to all of our members that the narrative in these emails is defamatory. If you receive such an email, please disregard it, and know that it has absolutely no impact on the upcoming 2019 Holiday Party or the overall future of CIMA.
However, in light of this situation, we would like to take this opportunity to reassure our members and provide a brief update regarding recent events:
- Recently, the CIMA Board of Directors voted to appoint Trisha Tolly as President.
- Under her new leadership, it was discovered that previous CIMA Treasurers, as well as the Executive Director, had not taken the necessary and proper steps to maintain our status as a non-profit organization.
- With the termination of the Executive Director’s contract and the resignation of the treasurer, CIMA has taken the appropriate legal steps to remedy the situation.
- We have enlisted the services of both a law-firm and an accounting-firm to first, immediately bring us back to a non-profit status and second, to audit all CIMA financials dating back to 2016 to ensure all transactions are deemed appropriate.
- Additionally, the CIMA Board of Directors will vote on a new Treasurer, with an Accounting and Finance background, operating in a fiduciary capacity and bound ethically to act in CIMA’s best interests as a non-profit organization.
All active CIMA Board Members are on a volunteer-basis and do not profit financially from their participation on the Board.
CIMA will continue in its dedication to serving the digital media community of Chicago while supporting the various charities, scholarships and philanthropic activities in the greater Chicagoland area.
Any further questions or concerns can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the meantime, we look forward to continuing to serve you and hosting the 2019 CIMA Holiday Party.
Thank you for your continued support.