The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for managing the largest revenue generating segment of Becker Professional Education, driving the growth of our CPA Exam Prep and Continuing Professional Education (Accounting) programs.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, you will serve as the chief advocate for the customer & internal expert on the competitive landscape. You will be responsible for bringing new & compelling products, features and/or services to the market and driving extraordinary experiences across the entire customer journey.
This is a core role in the heart of Becker. The ideal candidate will be a strategic & creative thinker, marketing subject matter expert, and an enthusiastic & collaborative leader ready to help build a high-performing marketing team.
- Develop the go-to-market strategy for our accounting products, including pricing & promotional elements.
- Lead all market research to understand consumers' mindset, identify desired features/services along with buying motivations, and establish points of differentiation and key messaging. You will be required to craft customer surveys and analyze/interpret results.
- Create detailed marketing plans and guide in the day-to-day execution of those activities from supporting team members.
- Track and evaluate market trends and competition in order to maintain competitive advantage and identify white space opportunities.
- Analyze marketing performance data and develop strategies to develop outcomes.
- Measure & analyze student satisfaction, convene working groups to build action plans and oversee the implementation of process and experience improvements.
- Work closely with Adtalem Digital Center of Excellence to develop and execute annual media plans; create & optimize web experiences; and craft & deploy email marketing campaigns to achieve annual revenue and experience targets.
- Create and manage monthly and annual marketing budgets.
- Supervise and direct efforts of direct reporting marketing manager(s).
- Complete other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing or a related field; Master's degree preferred.
- Seven to ten years in a marketing management position; educational or accounting industry experience an advantage, but not required
- Proven experience in product marketing/management, determining product-market fit and delivering compelling products to market.
- Extensive experience with market research and consumer insights, including survey methodology, writing, fulfillment, and analyzing/interpreting results.
- Thorough knowledge with use of digital media and digital marketing tactics as a direct response tool for lead generation and/or ecommerce transactions.
- Strategic and innovative thinker, with an entrepreneurial spirit and a highly analytical approach.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and lead support members.
- Strong leadership experience with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must prefer working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity. Experience in a complex or matrix environment with all levels of individuals in an organization is ideal.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly regulated environment.
- Attention to detail and strong problem solving skills.