The Marketing Manager, Partnerships & Associations is a key position within our marketing organization, responsible for establishing and cultivating a critical channel for Becker Professional Education: our industry trade associations and societies.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, this role will work in close alignment with our Sales & Business Development teams as well as fellow Marketing teammates, to identify and secure new partnerships, maximize the effectiveness of existing partnerships, enhance the partner value proposition, and develop B2B2C marketing plans and activations that build the Becker brand and drive new leads/inquiries.
The ideal candidate should be a great relationship manager with the ability to sell, negotiate, and align our company goals with those of potential partners. You must also be savvy in many different areas of the marketing discipline, including digital media & marketing, event planning, content creation & PR.
- Identify and build relationships with prominent national and regional associations and societies in our space (channel partners). Ensure that these relationships benefit both Becker and the partner and align to our internal goals.
- Establish the processes for engaging and vetting new partners while maintaining and deepening relationships with existing partners.
- Serve as the primary point person for all channel partners, both internally and externally.
- Collaborate with Sales & Business Development teams as well as fellow Marketing team members to ensure channel partners are considered in every program and campaign we run.
- Create and execute new and creative channel/partner-specific marketing programs.
- Plan, organize and manage all event/tradeshow participation, including pre-and post-event marketing activities and budgets.
- Manage all channel/partner marketing communications (newsletters, webinars, product notifications, etc.).
- Forecast, measure, and report the results of various projects with partners, including co-created and/or co-branded content promotions, lead sharing, and/or event partnerships.
- Remain knowledgeable of company marketing initiatives, product enhancements, customer satisfaction and market/consumer trends in order to inform channel partner programs.
Complete other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, journalism or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in related positions. Previous experience in sales, account management or partnership marketing a plus.
- Deep knowledge of event marketing and tangible, hands-on experience with large-scale trade show/conference marketing.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to market, sell, and communicate Becker’s programs and value proposition.
- Strong organizational, logistical and planning skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks under tight deadlines while maintaining work quality.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking ability, strong problem-solving skills with an entrepreneurial spirit and a highly analytical approach.
- Must prefer working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity. Experience in a complex or matrix environment with all levels of individuals in an organization is ideal.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly regulated environment.
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestically & internationally.