The Marketing Manager, Brand and Creative Services will play a critical role in the integrated brand positioning, communication, and marketing strategies of Becker Professional Education.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, you will be responsible for crafting the brand, bringing it to life & keeping it consistent across all touchpoints. You will lead a team of creatives, both internal and external, to direct all graphic, video, animation, photography, promotional assets, copy, and more from concept through execution.
You and your team will also work with public relations & communication experts in Adtalem’s Corporate Communications and Digital Center of Excellence, along with Becker’s external PR agency, to develop and deliver an evolving internal and external comprehensive and strategic communications strategy.
Finally, your team will ensure the timely coordination and delivery of all integrated marketing campaigns in-market.
- Build the brand by directing the concept, design, and execution of exceptional creative across video, web & graphic design projects.
- Evolve and ensure the consistency and integrity of our brand and brand guidelines.
- Lead market and consumer research studies in order to gather data and insights about our brand and positioning
- Lead and manage Becker’s internal communications strategy and campaigns, including the day-to-day work of an on-staff copy writer.
- Provide strategic guidance and support for identifying and engaging with media, analysts, and influencers.
- Day-to-day management of external creative vendors, including defining and negotiating SOWs, resolving problems, tracking project/retainer hours and general project management.
- Create and improve the company’s creative & campaign workflow to build a top-notch operation. This includes a production calendar and leading the team responsible for hitting those deadlines.
- Collaborate with company leaders, marketing teammates, and other key stakeholders.
- Draft and/or edit communications as needed.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, journalism or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in related positions. Previous experience in design, project management, and/or in an in-house or agency creative position a plus.
- Excellent eye for design and the ability to deliver constructive feedback on projects to the creative team across multiple disciplines (e.g. video/audio, print & online advertising, presentations, signage, and trade show collateral, etc.).
- Strong background in creating and implementing high-level communications plans.
- Driven by creative intuition, but able to gut check and course-correct with data.
- Strong organizational, logistical and planning skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks under tight deadlines while maintaining work quality.
- Great communicator, both written and verbal. Well-developed project management skills.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking ability.
- Proven experience overseeing a team of creatives, public relations and media outreach experts, as well as external agencies.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities. Must be able to collaborate with a variety of colleagues across the organization.
- Knowledge of graphic design programs (including use of Adobe design programs), as well as Microsoft Office and project planning software.