Work. Serve. Thrive.
Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives. Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results.
We are a national, nonprofit organization and the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief charity. Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, our mission is to feed America's hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger.
Devise and execute an email marketing strategy that engages subscribers, converts prospects and retains donors to increase channel revenue for the organization. Partner with Digital Engagement team members to support online fundraising appeals through other digital channels.
Feeding America embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.
- Serves as the channel lead for all email marketing activities across the organization.
- Manages the messaging calendar, automated email messages, audience logic and other business rules, stationaries and software agreements.
- Develops the annual email channel plans for fundraising and engagement in collaboration with the Director, Digital Fundraising and agency partners to engage subscribers, convert prospects and retain donors.
- Manages day-to-day execution of the email program, including campaigns and other strategic channel initiatives to improve program performance through customization, automation and optimization.
- Provide strategic direction to agency partners during briefing process.
- Review deliverables, route for internal feedback, provide consolidated and constructive feedback.
- Manage project timelines for the internal team and external partners.
- Oversee campaign set-up for successful deployment.
- Collaborates with Digital Media team members on targeted paid media program to cultivate existing supporters.
- Partners with Direct Marketing team and agency partners on integrated cross-channel fundraising strategies and programs with a focus on high-value monthly donors and mid-level donors.
- Communicates online business needs and technical requirements to Project Managers to execute online engagement and fundraising campaigns and initiatives.
- Oversees the measurement plan for the email channel, including reporting templates and reporting cadence.
- Monitors key performance indicators and evolves channel strategy to meet program goals and improve channel performance.
- Stays up-to-date on and oversees email deliverability needs and manages audience segmentation and file hygiene to optimize file health and performance.
- Provides digital marketing consultation and executional support to the Development team for major donor and planned giving email initiatives; coordinates with Corporate Partnership team to secure matches for email campaigns.
- Supports the Government Relationships team with email strategy and execution for the Advocacy program.
- Manages mobile marketing strategy and vendor relationship.
- Oversee the development of annual budget forecasts and work plans for email channel.
- Collaborates with Website Marketing Manager to ensure email sign-up opportunities are optimized on Feeding America’s owned digital properties.
- BA/BS Marketing, Communications major preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Five plus years’ professional experience in email marketing, digital marketing, non-profit fundraising and/or direct response marketing required.
- Excellent writing, editing and communications skills required.
- Experience in developing creative campaigns and direct marketing offers which inspire action.
- Excellent skills in organizing and creating web content, applying principals of web-based communications and knowledge of digital giving trends and technologies.
- Familiarity with HTML and/or other web languages required.
- Experience and comfortability in analyzing and manipulating data, particularly in Excel.
- Experience with web content management systems required, Blackbaud/Luminate preferred.
- Experience with database management preferred, Blackbaud/Luminate preferred.
- Experience coordinating and leading cross-department work teams.
- Committed to organizational mission of ending hunger.