Chicago digital marketing agency envisionit is looking for a hard-working, fun-loving Associate Project Manager who will fill an integral role in the agency’s digital initiatives. The ideal candidate would be passionate about working with teams, and would describe themself as organized, detailed and thorough. As an Associate Project Manager, you will bring your existing skillset to the team, as well as train on the envisionit process for managing the successful execution and delivery of all agency work, including website builds and digital marketing programs.
The optimal candidate will be a self-starter, highly motivated, have a desire for learning and passion for problem solving. You will provide the overall structure for assigned projects as well as plan, organize and control the activities of other agency disciplines to ensure the on-time, on-budget delivery of projects. This position will partner with all teams within the agency including Account, Creative, Marketing and Technology.
- Connect with team leads and clients to understand goals and objectives of new engagements.
- Write effective briefs and project requirements; document and communicate clearly to the team to set the foundation for a successful project engagement.
- Maintain a project schedule, which defines activities, dependencies, effort, timing and staff resource requirements.
- Organize cross-functional activities ensuring completion of the project on schedule and on budget.
- Develop and maintain all project documentation including status reports, project schedules, budgets and retrospectives.
- Ensure that all project documentation is produced in the standard format, follows internal process and is reviewed for approval.
- Convey ideas and messages effectively, both formally and informally, verbally and in writing. Must be clear, concise, accurate, articulate and persuasive.
- Continually check in and follow up with team members to ensure progress is being made and schedule review meetings when appropriate.
Monitoring, Scheduling, Financials & Risk Management
- Scope hours needed to deliver on each set of requirements, and share budget estimates with team leads and Client Service team.
- Raise and maintain awareness of all project issues and risks, and working with appropriate personnel to develop solutions.
- Forecast staff resourcing needs for your projects and collaborate with other project managers when required to share resources across accounts.
Quality Assurance Testing
- Be the last set of eyes on everything that is delivered to ensure it is correct, functions properly and is the highest quality work the agency can deliver.
- Learn all disciplines enough to provide a quality assurance check of project deliverables; Have a point of view on best practices and solutions across functions.
- Provide and promote high standards of professionalism and leadership throughout the life of projects, both within and outside the organization, appropriately representing envisionit’s business philosophies, protocols and standards.
- 2-3 years of project management or coordination experience in a web design firm, interactive agency or media agency. The ideal candidate will have experience managing projects in Paid Media, SEO, digital creative and websites.
- Ability to take ownership of multiple initiatives with a strong sense of accountability
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple daily task priorities while helping the team prioritize their tasks and deadlines
- Strong interest in problem solving and working with a diverse group of personalities; ability to exhibit empathy and patience
- Strong work ethic; highly organized
- Strong interpersonal communication skills - must be able to articulate project needs targeted to different skill sets and personality types
- Proven ability to push past challenges with a positive attitude and advanced problem-solving skills
Salary will be commensurate with experience. And our benefits are pretty sweet, too.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are not currently accepting phone calls about employment opportunities. Please visit our website to learn more about envisionit: http://www.envisionitagency.com
envisionit is an equal opportunity employer and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
envisionit. Enjoy your agency.™