At ShopRunner, our mission is to help retailers thrive by sparking and deepening connections between shoppers and the brands they love.
Our 4.4M members receive exclusive benefits such as free 2 day shipping, free returns, 2-click checkout and special promotions across our network of 140+ retailers. Our retailers enjoy the power of cross-retailer network effects in the form of new customers and increased purchase frequency. It’s a great outcome for everyone for all!
With people in offices in Chicago and Conshohocken, PA, we’re perpetrators of good vibes and great experiences for our customers, our merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The ShopRunner Analytics team drives actionable insights in every aspect of our business including marketing, product, partner relationships, and engineering. As a Director of Digital Analytics at ShopRunner, you will be hands-on with data to drive strategy, perform analysis, and manage a team working directly with business partners. You are someone that loves diving deep into the data to find solutions!
ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- You will oversee the analytics “big picture” across marketing, consumer and enterprise ecommerce product functions, developing and executing the roadmap of analysis work and balancing resources to accomplish analytics goals.
- You will be hands-on with data: running your own SQL, analyzing customer behavior, merchant performance, and A/B test results on a daily basis
- You will manage, grow and inspire a team who are aligned to partner closely with internal stakeholders – driving an analytics program to support stakeholder objectives that includes providing data strategy guidance, producing ad hoc insights, and driving report development.
- You’ll be responsible for the quality of the team’s work: QAing their SQL and analyses, and giving guidance on communications
- You will be a translator, able to communicate to technology partners as well as understand business stakeholder needs. You will connect the business reasons to value.
- You'll be leading strategic discussions about data: making recommendations, identifying opportunities, and driving improvements related to data and analysis.
- You'll synthesize and present insights, communicating both formally and informally to all levels
ABOUT WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 10+ years of analytics and relevant leadership experience
- 5+ years of experience working in an eCommerce or related internet technology business with in-depth exposure to ecommerce fundamentals such as conversion, funnel, segmentation, retention, and monthly active users.
- Strong performer at SQL for querying and manipulating large volume of data for analysis and visualization
- Experience manipulating large data sets and managing data quality issues
- Statistical mathematics and modeling experience as it relates to A-B testing and CRM (segmentation, churn prediction, etc)
- Experience working directly with stakeholders, communicating complex results, and managing a portfolio of analytics projects.
- Experience with crafting dashboards/reports using Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Qlikview, Looker, etc.
- Conversant with Microsoft products. Heavy usage of Excel, Powerpoint a must
- 3+ years of experience managing direct reports, from new hires through managers
- A solid foundation with analytics, deep understanding of the details of solving data problems, and strong critical thinking skills
- Passionate about the opportunities in a startup and unfazed by the ambiguity and dynamic culture that come with it
- You're an enthusiastic, solution-based problem-solver with a knack for navigating complex situations
- BS in a relevant technical field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics
- MBA or master’s degree in a technical field
- Experience with the data and systems to analyze mobile app performance
- Experience working across multiple business functions
- Understanding of ecommerce marketing channels and attribution modeling
- Working knowledge of statistics and/or personalization algorithms
- Experience with R or Python for data manipulation and analysis