This role will require you to be part of an international sales team, set up to build and support domestic and international advertising sales for BBC Advertising. The role will require you to develop strategies and partnerships which will continue to grow the revenue from new and existing major accounts and establish BBC Advertising digital & tv clients (e.g. bbc.com, Top Gear and BBC World News TV) as preferred media partners for advertisers & agencies across Chicago, the Midwest and Texas
The role is responsible for the generation of new business, development of major accounts and expansion of existing business through the management of an in-house sales team based in Chicago across a number of digital platforms and custom solution opportunities.
- Manage, shape and direct the BBC Advertising Chicago office sales strategy and the execution of that strategy. Coach and support the team creating a pipeline of talent for future business needs
- Forge strong strategic relationships with senior executives across industries and agencies to secure future business and establish the BBC at the center of their advertising plans including programmatic.
- With Client Solutions and Brand Content Partnerships team, engage and activate discussion/dialogue for investment in content, audiences and events specific to the region and therefore the Ad sales opportunity for local, regional and global revenues
- Optimize the deployment of the marketing budgets for events, corporate hospitality etc. and create opportunities to evangelise the BBC as advertising partner of choice
- Work closely with the other USA sales teams based across the Nth America region
- Ensure clear, creative, & effective responses to all digital advertising briefs, including supporting research material
- Work closely with the Pricing & Inventory and Ad ops team to ensure campaigns are booked, delivered, tracked & pro-actively managed & all campaign creative is compliant, submitted & delivered;
- Ensure all proposals are inline with the BBC advertising sales policy;
- Maintain regular telephone, face to face and business / social relationships with key individuals within the market;
- Prepare timely and accurate reports on a monthly basis to include revenue pipeline, current active campaigns, upcoming briefs or account movements, competitor activity, campaigns missed, relevant local market information / news etc;
- Attend relevant conferences, seminars & other industry functions to develop knowledge & network within online media industry
- Continuously improve understanding of global/local online advertising trends, technologies, effective campaign strategies/tactics, deal structures, emerging markets and create opportunities for industry thought leadership;
- Assist agencies and clients to better plan, implement and exploit opportunities on offer from the BBC domestically through knowledge sharing, best practice and international case studies;
- Promote the BBC’s digital products with advertising agencies and clients; act as an expert in this area.
- Knowledge and experience of Chicago advertising and marketing solution marketplace;
- Knowledge and experience in an international media sales organisation;
- Ability to sell, think & deliver solutions creatively & in a timely manner & to budget;
- Highly developed business accument and time management skills;
- Ability to work independently albeit with regional support from overseas;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Individual must be able to work independently within a small dynamic team and be able to organize and prioritize their own workload in supporting the business from Chicago
- +5 years demonstrated senior sales leadership, senior relationships across Chicago clients & ad agencies;
- Demonstrated capabilities to manage a multi-product sales portfolio across multiple platforms (online and mobile) and branded content solutions.
- Demonstrated capabilities to manage a direct digital sales team across a diverse sales portfolio
- Extensive & existing contact database within national ( and, ideally, multinational) clients and advertising agencies in all countries within remit;
- Demonstrated negotiations skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to quality of customer service and team development.;