All Campus seeks a versatile, audience-centric Marketing Content Editor to join its growing marketing team. All Campus is an online program management provider working with top-tier university clients. This individual reports to the Content Marketing Manager to provide our clients with a broad range of content for higher education marketing.
(S)he must have exemplary written communication skills and strong editing skills. (S)he understands the central role of audience and objective in marketing communication and possesses both creativity and a keen eye for detail. The Marketing Content Editor must also be able to write and edit content pieces across various media types (display ads, emails, websites, SEO articles, blogs, and more), adapting voice as needed while working under deadline.
Required written communication and research skills include the ability to gather information from a range of appropriate sources, extract and interpret relevant information, accurately source information, and organize this information into a logical narrative. This role demands a strong command of grammar, syntax, spelling, and punctuation, combined with proofreading and editing skills. It also requires the ability to write both long-form copy that may be technical in nature and short-form copy including punchy headlines.
We adhere to the guidelines for strong writing that are spelled out in The Elements of Style and value writing that is clear, concise, and compelling. The Content Marketing Editor should have working knowledge of Associated Press Style.
- Displays collegiality
- Displays good judgment, responsibility, and initiative
- Accepts guidance and responds well to constructive criticism
- Loves language and learning
- Write and edit a broad range of marketing communication for university clients including website content, emails, career guides, SEO articles, banner ads, social media posts, and fliers
- Ensure consistent voice and approach throughout all related sites and ads
- Manage multiple work streams under deadline
- Work in conjunction with appropriate internal departments to generate content that aligns with audience, objective, client voice, and overall communication strategy
- Provide critical quality assurance assistance including extensive proofreading and checking sources
- Conduct extensive Internet research as needed to support marketing initiatives
- Collaborate with client services and design teams to complete assignments effectively, efficiently and on deadline
- Partner with web development team to align content with overall communication strategy, mission, and vision while maintaining the best user experience possible
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, marketing communications/advertising (with emphasis on copy writing), or a related field
- Four to seven years of professional writing experience and, ideally, at least two years of solid editing experience
- Experience conducting research, sourcing and translating technical content for lay audiences
- Experience with promotional writing, writing for the Web, and managing content
- Experience writing for a variety of direct marketing channels, including display ads and email
- Experience writing using SEO best practices
- Experience with WordPress and/or working with a content management system (CMS)